Friday, July 11, 2014

Scripture Journal

I have started a scripture journal. I'm super excited about it! I've been feeling prompted to study the scriptures more, but I wanted a place to keep track of everything. So I started looking for ideas.

I found this website on Pinterest a while back, so I looked it up again and used it as my inspiration. I used her Table of Contents to create my own in OpenOffice (a free Word-knockoff).

And I found the Scripture Color Code on Pinterest awhile back, and have been using for the reading I've done on the iPad. But I wanted to be able to use my Scripture Journal without the iPad, so I printed one off. She also has blank ones to add your own colors and meanings. I might do that eventually.

So these are the first two pages, with the color code and the Table of Contents.





I wanted to make the Table of Contents look pretty, so I grabbed some pink ribbon out of my craft bag. I had fun putting it all together: measuring the ribbon, burning the edges so they won't fray, using glue dots to make it stick, etc.

As I complete more pages, and come up with more ideas, I will keep posting about this. This journal will probably be my main project for awhile.

2 comments:

  1. I've thought of doing a color code chart of my own. Right now it's just random color change according to mood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have really enjoyed the color code; it really helps me start to make sense of my marking.

      Delete